Nov 29, 2009

Spring racing

Attended spring racing at Randwick on Saturday and I must say the standard of dress has severely gone downhill. Although it may have always been like that and I have never noticed. I'm sure it's gotten worse. There were some atrocious "dresses" (I use that term very loosely as some were more suited to being garbage bin liners than party frocks!) and there were men there in jeans and t-shirts! Some people were wearing shorts and thongs!!!

Why is it I don't win on the horses? I put two bets on great horses but neither one of them even placed! They weren't exactly dogs and they're names were awesome. How could you not want to bet on horses called Sequinella and Lotus Flower? Sequinella reminds me of Rachel Zoe - "I do love me a sequin"

The one thing I am kicking myself over is not taking the advice of a drunken bookie. Sounds odd but one half of my group got out of their taxi and a drunk bookie was yelling "horse 1, race 6!" at them. They all put $5 down on the horse which I think was called Wasted Emotions and the darn thing won!!! If only I had put down $10 to win I would have made my money back as $5 paid $19.

Oh well! I wore a Princess Highway strapless, bubble hemmed, checked dress with my Coxinelles. I wish I still had my Scissor Girls in pewter as they would have gone perfectly. I didn't manage to get a decent full length pic but you all know what my Coxinelles look like by now anyway!



Accessories worn are my silver cuff necklace, diamond drop earrings and Bvlgari Astrale ring. I should probably photograph my accessories too but I never remember to. You're lucky enough you get outfit pics!!!

The weather was perfect for the races and a good time was had by all. Afterwards we all headed back to our place and continued on. My head was a bit sore this morning but hey, that's what happens when you consume 5 bottles of champagne and a bottle of vodka between 6 people!

Anyway, gotta some sleep for work tomorrow, sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look amazing!! :)

lilmissb said...

Thanks!