Nov 5, 2009

Lead me not into temptation...

ARGH!

I've just got word that some Balenciaga things I pre-ordered are due to arrive at the end of the month or early December!! I can see my savings plan going to hell in a teacup right now. I guess I should have seen this coming but in my defence I did pre-order them in the first week of October so shopaholics anonymous wasn't exactly where I thought I would be in a month and a half's time. And I have been good, I cut out more than half the list! You don't want to see how many items I had myself down for.

My love affair with Balenciaga only started recently with the purchase of a SS09 Giant Silver Handle clutch in Anthracite followed very quickly by the snapping up of a very beautiful FW09 Day bag in Tempete as seen below.



Look at that bag....*sigh*...isn't she simply marvelous?

The leather is lightly distressed and super smooshy and thick. She's a great shade of stormy blue (hence the apt name of tempete) and goes with everything from black to denim. You can dress her up or down.

Now can you see why I'm jonesing for another Balenciaga? This time I have a Drum in black on order. I don't know what the Drum is supposed to look like except that it's similar to the old Box style. I don't know how many of you are Balenciaga experts but the box style is like the current Twiggy but not as east/west. More like a box shape. I've been looking for a Box in good condition but now if it's similar I won't have to!!! YAY!

Hmmm, can the Bal classify as my present to myself??? Or should the Chanel and exotic Louboutins I want to get next year be my present? Tough decisions need to be made soon. Ha!

Oh yeah, I wore my Coxinelles again today and here's the outfit. I'm wearing a Cue dress with a bolero style long sleeve cardi.



Sorry there's no head or feet, the polaroid process is a bit random so it tends to cut off the picture at nonsensical spots.

They are my go to shoes right now! Sorry if you're getting bored of them already, they're just the perfect work shoe.

Anyway, it's getting late and I have a busy Friday ahead of me so I should probably stop boring you to tears with my ramblings and try and get some sleep.

Night!

3 comments:

Imma's Little Closet said...

yayyyy i finally can comment.i heartttt your cl lol .Hrm ..exotic CL's def my vote. I'm still playing around with the polaroid program hahahhaha
xxxx

Nina Love said...

I love the Bal girl, so pretty and the color is TDF! ALso loving your outfit!! What do you use to get that polaroid frame? Sooo loving polaroids.

lilflobowl said...

Bal is a great addiction - every time you feel bad about spending the money all you have to do is bury your face into that pile of smooshy, distressed leather & take a deep breath. I'm pretty sure you'd be in seventh heaven!