Nov 17, 2009

It's my birthday!

Today's my birthday and I had an awesome day! I have to admit I spent money but it was mainly spent on birthday and Christmas gifts for others so I think that lets me off the hook. Oh and I don't count the breakfast or dinner I treated myself as I wasn't going to cook on my birthday now was I???

I traditionally take my birthday off but since I was having next Monday off I decided to go to work anyway. No one usually expects you to do anything on your birthday anyway. I was leaving work at 1pm so my plan was to slip in and play it on the down low but that got blown to smithereens with people passing by wishing me a happy birthday!

Look what was waiting for me when I got into work:




What a lovely bunch of flowers!!!

Then I got surprised by cake (no photo sorry!) and a card and present. It was so sweet of my colleague to organise the whole thing. I got some beautiful Body Shop body butters which are just heavenly.



Then I got taken to lunch by M and we pigged out (again no photos of food! I think I can't wait to eat that's my problem, plus I'm not used to taking pics of everything!!) and then went shopping. Still can't decide what I want for my birthday/Christmas present.

I did however sneak into Gucci and try the Riddle boot on. Can I say it is extreme HOTNESS!!! The smallest they had was a 36.5 and my foot slipped way too much in them as I knew they would. I NEED them in my life. You don't understand. Even M thought they rocked!!!

M and I have this tradition that we only buy each other one big present a year. It's usually cash and goes towards whatever we want it to. I think it's a great idea and we don't really have to think about what to get the other person. Sounds sad I know but it's extremely practical. I usually put my money towards designer items. Predictable!

Anyway, getting off track there. I had a lovely day out and then we wandered home to meet my cousin and her partner for dinner at a local Japanese eatery. The people who run it are actually not Japanese they're Korean but if you give me sashimi, tempura and udon noodle soup you're Jap to me! Food wise not nationality wise I should clarify. We were eating with vegetarians so we had a lot of tofu but I don't mind. Agedashi tofu is the bomb!!! Plus we had tempura vegetables, sashimi, teriyaki tofu, miso soup and tuna hand rolls. Soooo good!!!

My cousin is a bit of a hippie and works for a place called Bird Textiles. It's such a cool job for her as she did design at uni and actually created the pattern on the wrapping paper which was made into fabric and then made into all the different items in the store. She gave me this climate neutral, organic cotton handbag that I just love to pieces. Such a cool individual item to have. The design on the bag was actually made by her boss.




Cool huh? Anyway, I am full, content and very sleepy now so I will leave you with that and chat to you soon!

4 comments:

Roxy said...

Happy Birthday!!!!<3

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day with M and family. Your food trip/shopping sounds awesome! I so can relate... haha.... food x fashion :)

Stay beautiful, dear!

lilmissb said...

Thanks sweets!

Hope all is well with you. Yeah food x fashion is the bomb.

Purse Addict said...

Happy belated bday!!!!

lilmissb said...

Hehehehe, thanks!