Nov 20, 2009

Busy times...

You would not believe how slammed at work I've been! I have not had a chance to scratch my butt cheeks let alone blog or chat or breathe!!! Well, I may be slightly exaggerating on the breathing part since I'm still alive.

I'll keep this one short and sweet as I have to pack for a weekend away. I'm off to another wedding, this time a super casual do in the Barossa Valley, one of Australia's best wine regions in my opinion . Can't wait! And it's even more special as I have Monday off too so I'm having me a loooong weekend, woohoo!!

Anyway, I thought that I would share some pictures I took on Wednesday of the city I call home.



The above shot is of our majestic town hall which houses the below organ which I've been lucky enough to hear even though at the tender age of 12 I couldn't appreciate it like I can now:



Handel's Messiah sounds ethereal blowing out of the century plus old grand organ! It was a really beautiful experience and I know I felt at peace even at 12 listening to that music. I'm not religious by any means but I felt it was a religious experience if you know what I mean.

Next we have the icon Queen Victoria Building or QVB for short which is opposite where I work. Love the architecture and glasswork. M's grandfather was a glazier and he actually did the roof of the QVB!!! How's that for being a small world? I've seen the pictures.



 
 

Pretty spectacular isn't she? Not too shabby for an old lady. Sorry, no pics of the Opera house as I was out and about on my lunch break so not enough time to get there and back.

Oh and yeah, purchased some clothes today so I'm really sucking at this ban thing aren't I? I did need a little bolero style shrug/jacket for the wedding...

Anyhoo, I'm leaving now before you shoot me. Plus I have to pack and rest for my 6am start!!! Enjoy your weekend and you'll get a full debrief when I get back. Night!

1 comment:

Sara Elizabeth said...

oh T it's SO beautiful!!!! i dream of someday being able to afford to traverse all of Oz/NZ. i would need like a MONTH to even attempt to see most of it but it's just so beautiful!!