Nov 15, 2009

Dinner and a wedding

Wow, what a busy weekend! I know I promised I wouldn't leave it so long between updates but the truth is I've had a herd of elephants stampeding through my head all day.

Ok, so let's start at the beginning of this epic weekend.

Friday we had jeans for good means day. I work at a really conservative company where 'casual Friday' doesn't really exist but once a month we raise money for a good cause. I wore jeans (obviously), a Woosh tshirt and my nude Clichys.



After work I rushed home to get ready for my partner's 4th year engineering dinner. We didn't know what the dress code was so we erred on the side of caution and went formal. I must say M scrubs up all right when he puts a suit on!



I wore my Herve Leger ash colourblock tank with my CL Coxinelles.



The next day was an absolute cracker weather wise. The sun was shining and everyone was ready to celebrate at one of my best friend's wedding. The ceremony took place at Clark Park in Lavender Bay right on Sydney harbour.



What a view!!! The reception took place at the Kirribilli Club. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures of the wedding and reception as my camera battery died. I'm still kicking myself about not charging the battery the night before but my camera was showing a full battery...grrrr!

Now please don't hate me but I did kinda spend some money...I went into town on Saturday morning with M and I was only going to check out this Cue dress for work and possibly layby it so I could pay it off over 8 weeks. Honestly. I was trying to be sensible but M insisted I buy it and wear it to the wedding! What was I supposed to do? At least I made it to 17 days!!!

Here is said Cue dress paired with my CL Very Galaxy in platine.



It was the shoes first outing and everybody loved them. I think I spread the CL virus to my friends as they all seemed very fascinated with my shoes. I think I may be lynched by some put out boyfriends and husbands!!

Here's a better picture of the shoes..



Totally to die for aren't they? Anyway, it's been a long weekend and I think I'm going to get into my pj's and snuggle down for the night. Talk to you soon!

4 comments:

Roxy said...

You and M look great together:) Love the smiles!

Ah... you broke your ban! I think it's fine especially since it was M induced:)

Those VGs are intense. I still have to wear mine out. I've had them for almost a year in a box! I'm planning to finally wear them out for Christmas.

lilmissb said...

Thanks sweets! Yeah that's what I say. I know I'm going to break it before Christmas again anyway....

I love the VG's but they are a tad uncomfy (unless unlike me you have a skinny foot) so be prepared. Can't wait for your outfit pics!!! :D

Imma's Little Closet said...

lol lilmiss :P 17 days FAILED XD oh i broke down finally after 5 or 6 months w/o buying shoes.I bought a new chloe the other day hehehehe.btw HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweety =]

lilflobowl said...

I love your Cue dress & it really does go so well with your VGs! Seeing yours make me wish I got them the last time!