Jan 3, 2010

Welcoming 2010 with a banging weekend!

Hope you've all had a great New Years!!! I've had a great New Years weekend packed with celebrations with friends. Pity I have to go to work tomorrow!!! *sigh*

Thursday was NYE and we were running around cleaning, mopping, moving furniture, setting up visuals & getting ready for the party that night. I did something that I've never done before and went and got my hair set in curls and spoilt myself with a manicure and pedicure. I couldn't believe how much the pedi tickled!!!

Here's the result of all my primping:




I love my hair curly, gives it a bit of an edge. I can't wait for my hair to grow a bit (apparently just past my shoulder blades is not long enough!) so I can get a digital perm which will give me a natural looking curl similar to what I got done for the night.

My outfit for the night: a LBD and my CL Madame Claudes in Leopard Patent.




Bailey decided he wanted to have a picture with me so I had to include it! I've also just realised how big the shoes look here but it's only because I'm leaning forward.

This is what our place looked like at the end of the cleaning and setting up effort!


Making sure the decks work


I love this shot


Just before mignight!


Officially 2010!!! YAY!


So cruel but oh so cute!

I'm not sure what time we all crashed but we had some people staying over so when we woke up we all had bacon, eggs and hash browns for brekky. YUM! What a great way to start the year!!!

Nothing much happened yesterday (the 2nd), just spent the day recovering and cleaning up really. I'd forgotten how much damage jager bombs can do... I always think it's so ironic how much cleaning and tidying up goes into hosting a party, you have the party and you have to clean and tidy all over again. This time with a hangover.

Today (the 3rd) we had a friend's birthday lunch at a restaurant/bar called The Deck at Luna Park which is right under the Harbour Bridge on the northern side. I'd never been there before but it was pretty good. We just kept ordering nibblies such as aranchini balls, lamb kibbeh, fries and wedges to go with our cocktails. As usual I forgot to take pics of the food didn't I?



The girls


I was stuffed and little tired.

Well, I think that wraps up what we did for the NYE weekend. My annual leave is over and I must return to work tomorrow to earn my keep! How I wish I was still on holidays but I guess all good things must come to an end. It's not like I'll never have another holiday again!

I hope 2010 brings you all you could ever wish for and let's make it a special year for all!!!

6 comments:

Purse Addict said...

I want to go to Australia :( :( I'm not big on traveling but Australia, Singapore, and Thailand are on my list of places to travel to!

Shoe TWIN!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE my leopard MCs and I'm not even into animal print :) You look smokin hot in your NYE pics ;)

erin said...

happy new year! the madame claudes look fab! also is that a cassette tape on your friend's wrist? it's awesome.

lilmissb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lilmissb said...

Thanks ladies!

Come over J and we'll go sightseeing and eating and shopping. Well the shopping isn't as good as in the US but we'll make do! ;)

Same, I love my MC's and I'm so not an animal print girl. I only love animal print in CL's and DVF!

Yes, our friend has a cassette tape on one forearm and "sample" in sign language on the other.

bowsnhearts said...

I really love your dress!

I have no idea that you are in Australia!

I haven't been to the Luna Park in Melbourne at all despite being here for 6 years!

lilmissb said...

Thanks bows! Yup, I'm in Sydney.

You should go one day!