Jan 7, 2010

January Blues

Why is it after the hustle and bustle of Christmas and New Years Eve do you sink into a sort of post celebration blues? I'm sad yet relieved that silly season has passed and that life as we know it can go back to normal. I can also start saving money again. That is if I don't spend it on shoes or bags! Although I do have the urge to travel this year so that may cure the spending as I would have to save up quite a bit to go travelling.

But I guess after a big couple of months celebrating the festive season January always seems to crawl by at a snails pace. And you're always broke as you've spent last months pay already and are eagerly anticipating this months pay. I've pretty much spent my pay in my head! It's amazing how how broke you can be before you get paid!!

So what's on my wishlist I hear you ask? Well here are a few of the things I've been thinking about getting and doing.

I've been wanting a dslr for a while now. I think it's been about 6 or so years at least. I always buy myself a good point and shoot and then my urge for a dslr goes away for a while. This time I think I should actually get it.

I have chosen the Nikon D5000 as I love Nikons and in the reviews it has the teeniest edge over the Canon 500D. I personally like Canon for compacts and Nikons for slr's. One of the reasons I'm getting sick of my compact is that I hate the way a flash blasts the subject which is why I've included the SB-400 flash in the pic as it bounce off vertically or with a diffuser will give a soft glow to the area of the subject you're photographing rather than a strobe light effect! Just think of the pictures I can take of shoes now in low light!!! Woohoo!

Hmm, what else is on that list? Well I have to include the bags and shoes of course!


CL Alta Iowa in Black Suede (picture from trenduet ebay auction)

CL Bianca in Coral Patent (picture courtesy of tPF)

CL Banana in Lavender Patent (picture off www.christianlouboutin.fr)


CL Simple 100 in Nude Acid Wash Python

CL Lady Claude in Blue Acid Wash Python (picture from Sabrina Greco at NM)


Chanel Camellia WOC

Balenciaga Spring 2010 colours (picture from http://incultstatus.blogspot.com/)

I think the colours in the picture from L-R are black, olive, sang, papeete, canard, cyclade. I have twiggys in olive and canard on pre-order and they should be arriving some time in February/March. Hopefully I like the colours I've pre-ordered. I'm a bit sad I didn't order anything in papeete or sang! I think that's better for my wallet anyway.

And last but not least I have a burning desire to these places. Not that I don't want to visit anywhere else such as Europe but I just want to see these places first. Plus I want to meet a lot of good friends I've made off tPF who live in the States. Ok, I won't lie, plus the shopping. That was a given, was it not?


Vietnam

New York City

Las Vegas

As you can see I have a few things I want to do and get this year so which ones should I prioritise??? Hmmm, tough choice isn't it?

I think I'll sleep on it....

12 comments:

bowsnhearts said...

Ooo you are a CL lover as well! I love the CL Dillian heels. But I have flat feet so I can't really wear heels. They hurt me even when I am standing still.

I wish to visit Las Vegas one day as well. The Sin city. I wonder how much sin a goody two shoe like me will commit!

Unknown said...

love the blog! - friend of mine (and fellow shopaholic) sent me this for Christmas a bit of a joke - worked like an absolute charm so now take with me everytime I go on a shopping mission!

perfect for you LMB or what!



Abs

Purse Addict said...

I WANT THE SB-400 TOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I have a D60 and for my entry level photography skills, it works just fine :P I also want new lenses...

lilmissb said...

Sure am bows! Have been for a while. If heels hurt you should get get some CL flats! ;)

Thanks Abs!

Oh J! A fellow Nikon enthusiast! The D60 is a great little camera. I ideally want the Nikkor 18-200 lens with the body but that lens is so expensive compared to the twin lens kit you can get! Plus I want a 35mm for low light and a 10-24mm for wide angle pics. I kinda want it all don't I?! *rolleyes*

If you want to learn more about photography or lenses/camera etc visit this guys site: http://www.kenrockwell.com. I find him quite informative and all the info on his site is free.

Purse Addict said...

Thanks for the tip! Yah, I want a 10-24mm lens too but so freakin expensive!! Its on my shopping wishlist though...I just need to figure out how high of a priority it is...

Dont laugh at me but right after I saw this post, I actually went ahead and bought the SB600..LOL!

lilmissb said...

:D LOL J! So what made you get the SB600 instead of the SB400?

Purse Addict said...

I was asking my friend at work cus he has a D40 or something and he told me that the SB600 was much better. I dont know...I just went with it even though its a bit pricier :P

lilmissb said...

Hmm, I'll have to look it up and se comparisons. I guess the SB600 would be better if I get more advanced in my photography one day.

Drama Queen said...

Hey there! I love the CL blue acid LC's! I bought them for myself for my birthday last year, and I'm kicking myself for wearing them only once within the last 3 months! Good luck with your wishlist...and let me know if you make it to Las Vegas (I'm not too far from there and would love to meet you!).

lilmissb said...

So do I DQ!! I'm hoping there will still be some left when I've managed to save up the money...we'll see. Definitely as I'd love to meet you too!

Purse Addict said...

Okay so I think the SB 400 is good for travel cus its so small but the SB 600 is good for bounce flash. Its quite scary...my mom actually asked me if it was okay for the human body - HAHAHAHH!!! I told her it is a flash, not x-ray :P

lilmissb said...

^ ROFLMAO!!! That's too cute of your mum J! Hmm, I may have to rethink which flas I get then. Gah!