Jan 9, 2010

End of the week...

As you know I've just gone back to work after being off for a heavenly 10 days. It's been a bit of a hard slog but I've made it to the other end of the week with no casualties! Plus M and I have been pretty good on the spending front as we've made our dinners for the last week. Pretty yummy ones too I must say, so we rewarded ourselves by going to our favourite local restaurant on Friday night.


Teriyaki beef bento box

Chicken katsu don

Sorry the colour is a little funny but my phone doesn't take great pics in weird lighting. Probably not helped by the polaroid program. Oh well!

Came home and watched a movie on Foxtel. The new Star Trek. I don't know if anyone's seen it but I thought it was ok. Admittedly I don't and have never followed the series but as a stand alone movie I though it was good.

Saturday morning was a bit of a lazy affair but we did have a schedule to keep as we had a family lunch with M's grandparents out at Bronte. But you couldn't have a weekend morning without at least one indulgent breakfast so we cooked up some french toast, bacon & hash browns. YUM!



We got to take Bails with us to M's grandparents place and he had a lot of fun rolling around on the grass and barking at birds. He doesn't get to experience a lot of grass at our apartment!

Took some really cute pics of him today.


Cheeky face peeking under the barrier we put up to stop him coming into the main part of the house

Out in the garden. Love the fact this pic is upside down.

And here's my outfit for today: a floral sun dress and my nude Clichys. Love those shoes! *sigh*



Now I'm just enjoying a quiet one at home catching up with a few things that need doing while M is out at his friend's bucks night. I mean, a boat, harbour cruise, strippers, music and food...what more does a boy need for a batchelors party? I don't know what time to expect him home but I did say that as long as I see him by Monday morning it's all good and that if he rings me from either Mexico or jail not to bother coming home!!! *roll eyes*

I was going to meet a few friends in town for the opening night of the Sydney Festival as it's usually a great night but by the time I got around to dinner and thinking about heading in it was already 9pm so I opted to stay home instead. I mean I was already in my PJ's...I know, I'm being boring but I think it's just one of those weekends where I'm quite happy to vege out and catch up on some tv.

Anyhow, I'm getting a tad sleepy so I'll chat to y'all later!

2 comments:

Roxy said...

Mmm... those bento boxes look yummy! I so need to stop eating and get back on track with my workout/fitness regimen. The holidays destroyed all I've worked for in 6 months... Aaaah!

You should see Star Trek on blu-ray or something. DH and I found it to be amazing. I happen to really love the movie and could easily say it's one of the best ones I've seen in awhile. But then again, I'm a scifi nerd. We saw it in the theatre and was just in awe. I told Jeff that we're naming our kid Spock but then he disagreed because the kid might get beat up or something. Ha!

As I already said on the forum, I love the outfit! It matches you so well. So cheery and girly! I wish the polaroid didn't cut off your smile though.

Chat with you later, girl!

xo

lilmissb said...

Don't stop eating! You need food...smaller portions!! :P

I think Star Trek is one of those movies I could easily own on blu-ray. LOL at naming your kid Spock!! I love that Zachary Quinto plays some evil dudes, he so has the face for it!

Thanks sweets, love summer. Need me some wedges though...