Jan 23, 2010

Resistance is futile...

Wowsers, how has another week flown away from me?

On Tuesday night I caught up one of my best friends and we had thai at this unbelievably cheap place. The food was fresh and came in big serves. The best part was that it was only $6 a meal!!!

And we weren't done, we had a date with Robert Downey Jnr playing the title role of Sherlock Holmes. I actually didn't mind the film, it fulfilled my requirements for entertainment - good looking men, action ahoy, and a reasonable plot.

Then work, work and more work until Friday. Since we'd been talking cupcakes on the forum I finally caved in and went and got some for afternoon tea.





How good do they look? Cupcakes on Pitt is one of the cutest little cupcake shops to have sprung up over the last few years. They're mini cupcakes but seriously you shouldn't need more than 1 or 2 of these suckers to satisfy your sweet tooth. I got the rocky road and lemon meringue ones. My fave will always be the lemon meringue as it uses real meringue and lemon curd! It's the BUSINESS! Im drooling again just thinking of it.

Speaking of lemon, you what I recently discovered? Krispy Kreme have stopped making their lemon filled donuts!!! WTF? They were my favourite flavour! I am severely disappointed. I only have KK once every 6 or so months and I really wanted a lemon one and they tell me they're no longer in production! Grrrr...!

After work M met me and we went to the cheap thai place again. Spring rolls, money bags, red curry chicken & chicken pad hokkien with satay sauce this time. DELISH! Sorry, no pic of the meal as I was starving. I tend to focus on the food when I'm hungry...

Here are some action shots from the afternoon/night though.


M looking pensive


My Christian Louboutin Penny Girl flats peeping out the window

Playing with Bails at home

 My outfit of 3/4 jeans, Bonds singlet & Supre bolero, accessorised with Diva necklace, cotton & wood bracelet from the markets in Cairns, stainless steel ring & Chanel earrings

Now it's all quiet on the western as the boys have gone camping and I'm home alone. I'm actually looking forward to it in a way. It'll be like I'm living by myself again. I was thinking I should pull out my apron and start baking again this weekend but it's going to be about 39C (104F) outside today and whilst I do have airconditioning I think putting the oven on too would be ludicrous. Then we're supposed to get a change tonight and it's supposed to thunderstorm! WTF is with this crazy weather lately? I've heard LA is getting hail and were on tornado warning plus Arizona had a tornado...the world going crazy! Or God's gonna wipe us out soon. Not sure which one scares me more.

Anyway, back to cooking/baking. I've been inspired by my friend V who linked me to some cooking blogs. I'll have to update my links column with them but the things on there are so inspiring and they make me want to do more creative cooking again. I'll keep you updated on my cooking plans!

5 comments:

Imma's Little Closet said...

T.. im drooling here..those cupcakes ohhhhhhhhhhh i must go to sydney again sometime soon .ahaha this time im bringing back at least 24 cupcakes XD

lilmissb said...

I know, I can never make a decision about which ones I want...lemme know when you're up next and we'll go together!

Purse Addict said...

My mouth is watering, i hate you!

okay, i dont hate you but my mouth really is watering...

bowsnhearts said...

Your outfit looks very casual and cute!!

Wow...it's so hard to find places serving $6 meals nowadays!!

The cupcakes look very cute and yummy!

lilmissb said...

LOL J! Mine is too everytime I go to my own damn blog!

I know bows, $6 meals are awesome and the best bit is with the pad hokkien I can never eat it all so I get another meal out it!