Dec 6, 2009

It's beginning to smell like Christmas...

M and I decided to take a stab at doing some Christmas shopping today but it didn't really work out on so many levels.

First of all M got home at 5am this morning as he went to see a friend DJ. When he finally got up we had breakfast at about 11:30am and then we caught the bus into town so it was about 1pm by the time we finally got to do some shopping!



This picture is sooo cute! I was getting M to take a pic of my outfit for the blog and Bails decided he wanted in on the action and stood in front of me. Trust a male to stand in front of the shoes!!! You can see my Christian Louboutin Citys in my reflection so not to worry.

We saw a few things that might be nice but nothing we bought right away. I did happen to score some sunglasses though as I wasn't happy with my current aviators.



I think these suit me a lot more than my current ones which are a bit too small for my face. The problem is my last pair were polarised and my new ones aren't. Oh well!

We really didn't have any ideas about what we wanted to get people for Christmas so there was a lot of aimless wandering around. Our afternoon was cut short at about 3pm as M got a phone call to say that a friend of ours from the UK was around our area and did he want to catch up with him and another mate. It was a bit of a pain as today was supposed to be just an 'us' day as we didn't really see each other yesterday but what the hell, if a friend is out from the UK I think that's a bit more special. Plus we didn't really know what presents we wanted to get yet so it was only window shopping at this stage.

One more thing before I head to bed, I know I seemed like I had a hard attitude in my last post to homeless people and yes, to a degree I am jaded, but I have to say there is this homeless man called Brian who hangs out in Pitt St mall who polishes shoes to earn money. He's one of the few homeless men who seems to be doing something for himself. He has his shopping cart and a sign telling people he is homeless and thanking people who help him out by allowing him to clean their shoes. I think the sign even says "God bless" or something to that effect. I haven't read his sign in a while. He always seems happy when you see him but today he looked a little down. I wonder if it's because Christmas means something to him or if he was just having an off day. Either way my heart kinda went out to him.

No one should be alone at Christmas...

2 comments:

bowsnhearts said...

Hi, I love how you can rock the Hello Kitty Tee with simple cuffed jeans! I know I will look very very out of place in an outfit like that!

You have gorgeous cheekbones!

lilmissb said...

Thanks bowsnhearts! That's nonsense, I'm sure you'd look chic :)