Apr 4, 2010

A Picnic in the Park


What's better than spending Easter Friday eating seafood, picnicing in the park and spending time with friends?

This Easter we decided to get a little group together and do something a bit different. Usually we have a party on the Friday or Saturday night of the long weekend.

First stop, Sydney Fish Markets. The smell of seafood was in the air and the markets were packed being Good Friday. When we finally snagged a bench in the sun we wandered off in groups to get some delicious seafood goodies to eat. M & I shared a half lobster mornay with chips and salad plus a couple of oysters - one mornay and one kilpatrick.

Here's me on the way out to meet everyone at the fish markets!

Outfit: Chica Booti dress/top, shell earrings, key and beaded necklaces, Morelle mini patchwork, Onitsuka Tiger shoes

Next stop, Sydney Botannical Gardens to spend the rest of the day lazing around in the sunshine. I had been to the gardens a few times but had never really explored them. The plants there are amazing and the wildlife is pretty cool too.

Look at the size of that eel!
What a beautiful make duck. At least I think it's male as I've heard the males have the beautiful colours to attract females.
What an interesting species....are they for real?
This is the biggest tree I've ever seen! It's definitely a couple of hundred years old!!!
This bamboo was AMAZING! It was so tall and the sound and it makes when the wind blows it around is awesome. There's this crackling/popping sound and a moaning that sounds ancient and powerful.
Frisbee action shot
Hanging out on the wall
After we'd been kicked out of the gardens we sat in the Domain watching the bats fly into the city. This was a sunset shot of the said city with it's neon lights.

4 comments:

bowsnhearts said...

You look so stylish even when you were going to the fish market! I would probably go in rags because I can imagine myself gobbing down all the lobsters and such with sauce dripping all over!!

lilmissb said...

Thanks bows! I was very careful when eating!!! LOVE lobster *drool*

Roxy said...

I love your outfit (from your bag to your dress to your sneakers!) here!:)

Mmm... oysters and lobster???? You're making me drool now, girl!

lilmissb said...

^ Thanks sweets!

Yeah, I want more lobster just thinking about it but this time with garlic butter....