Mar 31, 2010

A wedding by the beach..

Dear Diary,

I'm back! A little sunburned but happy and somewhat relaxed after my 4 day mini break. Of course then I went to work on Monday and that relaxed feeling evaporated didn't it? At least it's Easter this weekend so 2 x 4 day weekends ahead!!!

Thursday was a lazy day, packing, cleaning, watching tv and bumming around. Did all the things you do when preparing to go away. Then the excitement began!!! Our friends M & S picked us up and we headed up the coast, stopping at maccas for dinner and then off to do some grocery shopping for basics. That was also the start of the weight gain clearly!

We woke up to a glorious Friday morning and proceeded to woof down this heart stopping breakfast! How good does it look?

What a great way to start the Friday? Yummy bacon, egg, hash brown, mushroom and tomato wraps cooked BBQ style.

After breakfast we all did our own thing so M & I headed over to the best coffee in town - the Kahveh Cafe. I don't usually drink coffee being the tea person I am but M's mocha looked so good I decided that I just had to have one the next morning when we went for coffee to clear our hungover heads. 

The day was so lovely we took a walk down to the beach and stood there letting the waves lap over our feet. It's been a while since I've done that and it was pure heaven. You know that feeling you get when you're fully clothed and you're chasing the waves but then a really big one comes along and almost wipes out the spot you're standing on? And you have to run away from it but you get disappointed that you didn't get your feet wet? I love that game!

Oufit: floral dress, diamante bracelet, sparkly hoop earrings and Christian Louboutin Nude Clichys

Anyhoo, onto the wedding. It was beautiful! The bride looked stunning in her dress and the groom quite dapper in his suit and as per any wedding there were loads of pictures!!! The reception was at a really posh restaurant called The Cowrie. It's a bit of a big deal on the central coast. It deserves it's reputation as the food was orgasmic!!!

This is what I had for dinner and as usual didn't take any pics....
Entree: Crispy roulade of pork belly with apple and pepper chutney, honey and mustard salad and calvados jus
Main: Pan roasted blue eyed cod fillet on a clam veloute with vongoli, chat potato, bacon and mleted leeks
Dessert: Passionfruit creme brulee with teardrop shortbread

The next day there were some pretty rusty heads. Not mine as I'm not a huge drinker.

Mike with his mocha on Saturday morning proving how good it is. It was pretty good!

S had told us so much about the famed Wambie whopper so we starved ourselves so we could fit one it for lunch/hangover cure. I have to say I was defeated by the whopper. But then again I wasn't really that hungry to be honest. It was probably 15-20% bigger than a normal burger and with the lot it was stacked and pretty darn delicious!

I think the aim after lunch was to get down to the beach for a swim but we got engrossed in Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit & Uno.

Random activites for the day!

Sunday was a busy day as we had to check out and drive back to Sydney. We also had M's grandfather's 80th at Clovelly Bowling Club to attend. What an awesome day it was, the weather was beaming, the bowling was keen and the company was fabulous as usual.




It already seems like last year I was away! I'm back at work and we've just had a busy end of month/quarter so haven't had time to update you yet.

I hope you didn't get too lonely while I was away. Well that's it from me!

Night!! xo

No comments: