Mar 26, 2010

Off and away!

Dear Diary,

I know you think I don't love you but I think you've got it all wrong. I have been pretty busy with work given that a colleague has been away getting married so I've picked up the slack, my new promotion (although it's not the promotion I've been hoping for) which means I've been working longer hours, getting sick, going to engagement parties, eating and sleeping. I've also been trying to get healthy by going for walks/runs and working out. That has stopped though for the time being as I need new sneakers :(

I have restricted myself from shopping but not for the essentials such as work clothes (I need an overhaul of my wardrobe) and a couple of new bags as my old workhorse is past it's prime. Other than that I am being pretty good. I did sell a pair of shoes so I can legally and morally buy another pair to replace them. Yeah I know, legal doesn't have anything to do with it but a verbal promise can bee seen as a legally binding contract in some lights...especially if it concerns M not smoking!

Since I forgot to tell you afterwards, just a recap of what happened last weekend. We went to a friend's engagement party on the 20th and had a blast! I forgot to take a pictures before hand of the outfit but I figured this would double as an action shot and outfit shot. I'm on the train on the way home so take into account it is at the end of the night and don't judge me too harshly!

White 3/4 pants with purple singlet, Supre bolero, RAOK gift necklace and nude Clichys

Also, I've got a couple of new items (and some old ones I haven't posted but might get to at some stage) that I wanted to show you. I'm very excited about them!

Diane Von Furstenberg Aggie in Freedom Trail print - something I've been lusting after for a while

Lilac Mini Patchwork messenger bag by Morelle - she hand crafts all her bags with the finest Italian leathers and colours with vegetable dyes! Smells deliciously leathery!!!

I hope you'll be ok with the fact that this weekend I'll be away on a mini break and won't be able to write to you. I have a friend getting married so we're making a weekend of it. What more could you want, sunshine, the beach, and cocktails?


See? I'm all packed and ready to go! I hear my name being called so I better get going. I'll update you on all the goss when I get back.

Love,
lilmissb xo

4 comments:

Roxy said...

Your entry is so cute! Love the new DVF dress. I'm looking forward to some outfit shots soon, yeah? And your nude clichys... ahh... they match your skin perfectly!

Hope you have a great weekend, T <3

bowsnhearts said...

Haha! I have been neglecting my blog as well due to work!

I love the DVF dress! I haven't bought any 'real' things in a while...like a big purchase! I have been out every week trying to find the perfect dress/coat/skirt/top but haven't seen any that makes my heart race.

Sigh!

Good to have you back!

klng said...

The DVF dress is so pretty! :D

lilmissb said...

Thanks ladies! I have to take an outfit pic with the DVF soon.

bows it's hard to find clothes sometimes. I have either really casual clothes or really corporate clothes. I needmore in between clothes!