Mar 9, 2010

Weekends are for partying!

Hola amigos!

What have you been up to lately? I've been up to the same old same old myself. Nothing too exciting unfortunately :(

I did manage to sneak an engagement party into the weekend though so all was not lost. I had to wimp out of Saturday morning dance class though as I am flat broke till pay day this Friday. Well not flat broke, just broke enought not to splurge on extras like dance class. On the positive side I have been using the gym downstairs and going for a walk/run with M most days so I am getting my fit on. Hmm, maybe that's part of the reason I don't update my blog as much as I used to. Plus the fact I am working back later at work these days.

Anyway I'm getting a bit off topic! A good friend of mine finally got engaged about 6 months ago and she decided it was about time to have a party. M & I headed out to the The Victoria Room in Darlinghurst on Saturday night to celebrate this occassion. I can't believe I forgot to take pics of the food! I made sure I have some of the place though.

The hors d'oeuvres consisted of:
Caramelised Balsamic & Red Onion Tart With Goats Cheese
Zucchini & Haloumi Fritters
Salmon Cakes with Herb Mayonnaise
Blue Swimmer Crab Cakes with Coriander Salsa
Grilled Prawns with Saffron aioli
Grilled Lemon Chicken Kebabs with Gremalata & Paprika
Baby Lamb Cutlets, Cypriot-style
Dark Chocolate Cups with Chocolate Mousse & fresh raspberries
Mini Lemon Tarts

Here are the pics!


Doesn't it have a great Indiana Jones jungle vibe to it? I totally picture it as a bar in the 20's, a hip hangout joint for adventure seekers.

Outfit - Supre dress, Sportgirl handbag, sparkly hoop earrings I blogged about here, crystal bracelet and Christian Louboutin Lady Claudes in Blue Acid Wash Python.

A great night was had by all and the next day we decided to leave the house in search of some fast food to combat the Sunday blues. Sorry, again no photos but we did get just about the most delicious pide and kebabs on this planet! Yum!!!


We took Bailey with us and he waited eagerly under out chairs for any scrap of food we dropped. He did get a fair few hot chips! How can you resist that face??

As we sat there enjoying our late lunch there seemed to be quite a ruckus going on as a soccer game was on at Moore Park. There were some mad fans all war painted and chanting anthems at the top of their voices. I missed out getting a photo of the freakshow marching but I did manage to get a picture of a car following them...


HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I did laugh at that. I had no idea they had specially marked cars or even a dedicated squad for riots.

I also thought I'd chuck in this photo as I took it whilst testing I had enough battery in the camera. I thought it was quite artsy!


On that night I will say good night! Chat to you soon.

5 comments:

lilflobowl said...

the food list sounds delish & I still think you were a knockout that day babe :)

Bailey is too cute!

lilmissb said...

Thanks sweets! Bailey is ADORABLE, you'll have to come here and meet him!!! :)

lilflobowl said...

I will! I have to try to plan a trip up to Aussie soon; pity the AUD is so freaking high now!

Discount Jay Z Tickets said...

yah am planing for it too

lilmissb said...

Good for me though V! :D