Jul 5, 2010

Celebration!!!

There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times, and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you

Kool & The Gang had it soooo right. I am in fine form tonight and ready to PAR-TAY!!! June 30th was rough and I barely made it through by the skin of my teeth and I still have A LOT of tidying up to do but hey, I'm in July now :D

Now a couple of things came in whilst I was slaving away last week but I didn't get a chance to photograph them because since it is winter our light appears after I get to work and escapes before I get home. I finally got a chance to photograph my new arrivals on the weekend. Maybe I present with great price my new Christian Louboutin Lady Claudes in Marron Glace metal patent. The colour is a superb neutral and I can see these getting a lot of use in summer! They are a little loose in winter though as I found out tonight.


Another item to arrive last week were my Gilt items. I have waited a long time to get my hands on some Amrita Singh jewellery and now I finally have some. Thanks to R for her fabulous help!!! xo  This is me on Saturday before going to my great aunt's 90th birthday celebrations.


And now the reason for the party mood, you ask? Well today I found out I got a well deserved promotion if I do say so myself! I have been working towards this goal for the last 3 and half years since I decided that I would give the insurance industry a go. I cannot even begin to tell you how ecstatic I am. I know that with this move comes more responsibility and more accountability but I am more than ready for it. I'll have my bad days and I'll my great days. You can't have one without the other and like any job I'll love it and I'll loathe it.

I couldn't sit still this afternoon after I got told and I rushed off after work as M and I had plans to have a celebratory dinner. He has a great job and now I have a new position so all the more reason to celebrate.

The pub downstairs has a new restaurant open as of today called Fratelli on Cooper so we decided to give it a whirl.

Garlic crust

Bacon & boccocini lasagne

Fettucine Gamberi

Outfit: jeans, singlet, Anthropologie Spilling Ruffles cardi & Christian Louboutin Lady Claudes in Marron Glace patent

Well I'm off to bed now so I'll catch up with ya'll soon!!!

2 comments:

Ella Mode said...

Whoo! How are are those CLs? They definitely seem higher than 4 inches (I have a pair of those) but I think they're even at least 5! I might dare say 5.5! But I fear heels over 3.5 inches (without platform). That's what's talking there!

lilmissb said...

Hey Ella! They're definitely 5 inch (120mm) heels and the teeny platform makes a neglible difference! I have 3 pairs in this style now...eep!! They are gorgeous though aren't they?