Jul 18, 2010

Six months is not a lifetime

Dear Diary,

I'm so sorry I have neglected you!! Things have been a little crazy here and I'll tell you what I've been up to in a second. How have you been? Have you missed me? C'mon, don't be so cold! I'm here now aren't I?

Ok, since you don't want to talk to me I'll tell you what's been going on with me lately.

Well M finally finished uni and he got a job with a major construction company. That's great right? Bad news is that he has to move to Coffs Harbour for 6 months. That's 5 hours away!!! And I'll probably only get to see him once a month or so. I shouldn't be complaining but he finally finishes uni and I can spend time with him and he gets sent far far away! Not fair. 

I mean it'll be a great experience for him and I don't begrudge him at all. Unfortunately I can't move as my job is based in Sydney CBD. So I guess I'm in a long distance relationship now. What makes it worse is that he'll be away for his birthday next month, our 5 year anniversary in October and my birthday in November :(  C'est la vie!

We've said farewell to a bunch of friends trekking the Kokoda trail in PNG. Personally I admire their guts and drive to do it but think they're crazy!!! If I were super fit I would maybe consider it..even then....


We met them at a bar that served 1kg of ribs with chips for $20! You cannot beat that for value. And it was DELICIOUS! I wish I hadn't shared with M and got my own. I might have been sick though as that is a lot of ribs.

We've celebrated a 30th and boy did that make me feel old! Aside from the fact that it was the week before payday and I was skimming the bottom of the tin, I just didn't feel like being out that late in Kings Cross. I remember the days when I could party all night and still feel refreshed in the morning. Those days are long gone! I think I made it to 11:30pm, eep!


Oh yeah, I cooked a dinner of lamb steaks seasoned with rosemary and garlic with roasted potatoes and green peas. Delicious!

We're also putting our unit up for sale as we are sick of living in a one bedroom unit. We need something with more space and room to grow. We want kids one day and a 1 bedroom unit is not going to cut it. There have been real estate agents trampling through the house non-stop and we, sorry I, have to de-clutter the unit since M's has gone off to Coffs now.

We thought we had found a new place and our offer was accepted. Unfortunately the agent neglected to tell us that there were other contracts out for the same unit and then before our solicitor could get the contract someone else had already put a deposit on it. We were heartbroken as it was exactly what we were looking for! I guess there is a better place out there waiting for us.

Bailey has been shipped off to mum and dad's whilst this take place as we won't be home much and it's better for him to have fun in the country chasing bunny rabbits, echidnas and goannas. He's even getting walked every hour! I certainly can't live up to that.

I've been promising myself I'd buy myself a new camera for a while. I was hemming and hawing over which camera to get but finally settled on a Nikon D5000 dslr. I did a post previously on all the things I want and I believe this was on the list. I had slated it in for February/March but shoes got in the way as usual. At least now I can take top notch pics of my shoes!


Isn't she pretty? I am so excited about this baby and she takes wonderful pictures. I just need to learn how to use an slr all over again since I've forgotten a lot of things. Here are some pics I've taken with it so far.

Accessories
Traffic - love the vibrancy of colours in night time traffic
Baked ricotta cheesecake from our farewell dinner downstairs at Fratelli on Cooper.

M left this morning and I promised him I wouldn't cry and that it wasn't a big deal. I mean six month is nothing right? Wrong, I broke my promise and I started bawling when it was time for him to get in the car and drive away this morning. Such a big sissy I am. But I will miss him very much, I already do. He's my best friend and I hate that I can't run into the next room and scare the shit out of him and then laugh myself silly over it, or tell him about the auction I just won or snuggle up with him when we watch tv at night.

Six months is a long time but it's not a lifetime.

xo

No comments: