Jun 14, 2010

Hurrah for the Queen!

I'd like to personally thank the Queen for having a birthday holiday this weekend. Really it's just another excuse to eat, drink and be merry!

There's not too much to update y'all on this week as I've been flat out trying to cope with June. I think the most interesting thing I've done all week was some cooking and catching up on some tv!!! I promise I'll have some more interesting adventures once June 30th is done and the winter chill lets off. I tend to hibernate in winter, sorry!

Without further ado, may I present my photo journey of the last week or so...

I am so proud of M for making these delicious burgers! As you can see they're a work of art and very, very tasty!!!
7th June dinner: beef burgers with egg, tomato, lettuce, bacon, carrot & BBQ sauce

I don't think I told you but I have been slowly running out of my current foundation Nars firming foundation and wanted to try something different. I've heard great things about Shu Uemura and being part Asian I thought I should try something that was uniquely formulated for our skin.
Off I trotted to get made over by the Shu Uemura artist and apparently I'm a shade #764 which is a medium light beige. So far, excellent results! I think I will also have to get the cream version as I love a thicker, smoother, glowing look during winter. Plus the cream has a SPF 10 in it whilst the fluid doesn't have any SPF.
 
10th June: Cue dress, black shirt and tights, Christian Louboutin Penny Girl flats in grey

On Friday I received some sweets treats from my Hawaiian cookie angel. Thanks T!!! xo

You know how I have the creative cooking bug right now? I decided to buy some chicken tenders and make some homemade crumbs. I love having a food processor as it opens up possibilities for creative ideas that I haven't been able to do before. 

I made the crumbs from a couple of slices of bread, mixed herbs & garlic. So easy!!! Dip tenders into beaten egg and then onto the crumbs to coat and shallow fry in a pan. 
11th June: Chicken tenders with steamed vegetables

Our long weekend has been basically spent with M's family as his grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. It's so rare for people to celebrate 50th anniversaries let alone 60th's!

After a weekend whirl with the H clan we finished off with tapas at El Bulli tonight and it was heaven as always. No pictures because it's always too dark to take any but we had a feast and I introduced M's family to churros. If you don't know what they are, they are the best desert ever! Fried dough sticks coated in sugar with caramel & cream for dipping.

14th June: Supre pinstripe skirt, black singlet & cardi, Pinet boots

I'm very full after a weekend of wining and dining so on that note, I'm going to try and roll off to bed.

2 comments:

lilflobowl said...

Shu Uemura rocks! I don't wear foundation (then again I think I have a two-press powder? I'm always confused by powders) but I absolutely LOVEEEEEE their eye colours and their lippies! Their Tsumori Chisato collection totally sucked me in :)

lilmissb said...

It certainly does! Missed out on the Tsumori Chisato collection :( I prefer liquid or cream foundations as the powders will often become dry on me.