May 16, 2010

A new week begins

I apologise for not updating you in a while but I've been a bit sick. Ate something that didn't quite agree with me and then while I was down a stomach bug got me! Doh! Not a great week to spend a busy week.

I did manage to get out to collect a few things during the day and then to a hen's night dinner on Saturday.

15th May day outfit - jeans, panda singlet, Cotton On wrap & Penny Girl flats

15th May night outfit - jean leggings, black top, Scooter boots and a whole load of makeup to disguise my pale face!

The dinner was at a place I've never been to before called the Gazebo Wine Bar in Elizabeth Bay. It was a cute little restaurant that was an outdoor area with trellises sheltering the dining area. It really was a garden dinner. We had a set menu of $45 and this included starter plates, a choice of main and desert.

Starters were salt & pepper squid, stuffed mushrooms and ciabatta bread with olives, pesto, prosciutto & cheese. 

Mains were a choice between:
Medallions of beef, roasted field mushrooms, fondant potato, bĂ©arnaise 
Tartlet of warm leek, goats milk cheese & twice cooked cherry tomatoes 
Ocean trout, sweet garlic mash, chunky tomato & lemon dressing

Desert was chocolate brownie, ice cream, fairy floss, chocky sauce.

I have to say I was really pleasantly surprised with the menu and I did manage to eat my way through it but paid for it.

Here are some random breakfast shots. I was drooling over these creations but was unable to eat them so M got to reap my cooking rewards. Well, I did have a bite or two but my tummy was way too tender to eat a full one.

8th May - bacon, egg, hash brown & cheese wrap with tomato sauce

16th May - bacon, egg, garlic mushroom, cherry tomato & spring onion wrap. 

This is now known as M's hangover cure since he was severely hung over this morning and asked if I could make him a breakfast wrap!

Oh, and a little something I won on the bay for under $100!!! What a bargain, right? And a great get well present to myself. Another one of my holy grail Diane Von Furstenberg dresses.


DVF Tessa in Chinese Trellis pattern.

I also have another couple of items on their way to me and will post them when they get here. 

Oh and in case you were wondering what was happening with my fall shoe wishlist, it's completely crazy! The shoes coming out this season are doing my head in already and they've only got the pre-fall colours/styles in so far. I'm going nuts over the purple patent, cerise (cherry red) patent, flannel booties, satin bow embellished pumps, sky high heels...way too many styles for my poor abused wallet to handle! I'll update you when I have a better idea of what I want, not sure when that will be though!

1 comment:

lilflobowl said...

I hope you're feeling better T!